Wednesday, February 6, 2013
little things: for photographers
Here are some little things that I use in my life as a photographer. They make life easier, cuter, or more fun. If you need to get a photographer a gift for Valentine's day, here are some ideas! (Or just buy something for yourself!)
1. A camera-shaped pencil sharpener. Weirdly enough, I actually have two of these. The other one I have is bigger and plastic. It's on my desk at work.
2. These plastic filters are fun for both over my lens and over my flash.
3. It hasn't happened to me yet, but I fear the day when a client will show up to a shoot without payment. In case of emergencies, I can now swipe credit cards and the money will go right into my PayPal account! The device is free, and PayPal only takes 2.5% of each transaction.
4. I think every photographer I know has one of these keychains, but that's fine with me. They light up and make noise--so cute!
5. This USB card reader was inexpensive, but it makes putting pictures on my laptop quick and easy.
6. Another Photojojo find, this DSLR Holga lens is a fun toy. I haven't used it much yet--I'm waiting for bright, sunny days. I think it will make some great images this summer.
7. I have no idea where I got this little tabletop tripod, but it's so cute and useful. It's pretty sturdy and good for taking pictures of food (or self portraits!).
8. The third Photojojo item of this list. How fun is this burrito lens wrap? It always makes me smile when I use it.
9. Every photographer needs a good business card holder. Mine was a gift from my school at graduation, but I'm thinking of upgrading to a new one once I get my new business cards. The ones in this picture are my temporary ones until my new logo is done!